This edition features some long-form pieces from notable composers of what is often referred to as minimalism, or avant-garde, but can simply be labeled as “essential listening.” There is an excerpt from The Necks’ 1989 release “Sex,” a piece from controversial composer Charlemagne Palestine, an innovative orchestral movement from Roberto Cacciapaglia, and more. Enjoy a listen below.
01. The Necks / Sex (excerpt) / Sex / 1989
02. Charlemagne Palestine / 1 + 2 + 3 Fifths / Four Manifestations On Six Elements / 1974
03. Bing & Ruth / Police Police Police Police Police / Tomorrow Was The Golden Age / 2014
04. Roberto Cacciapaglia / Part 1 / Sei Note In Logica / 1979
05. Teruyuki Nobuchika / Otononami / Sonorité / 2011